Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Seasonal Part-Time Environmental Educator Assistant
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 5:00pm
For almost 50 years, Wildlands Conservancy has been the Lehigh River Watershed’s leading land trust. Our mission is to protect and restore critical areas and waterways and educate the community to create a legacy of a healthy, sustainable environment for future generations. As a part of a dynamic team, you will assist with educating the community on the importance of becoming future stewards of our natural world. For additional information on Wildlands Conservancy, please watch this short video: https://vimeo.com/149678033
In this role you will:
• Assist Environmental Educator(s) with preparing for environmental education classes to groups and individuals of all ages, including but not limited to classroom preparation, collecting materials and supplies, cleaning up after programs, and organization.
• Assist with summer camp parking, attendance, crafts, hikes, and other programs.
• Assist with maintaining office/building organization while using site, buildings and materials.
• Assist with other activities necessary to advance the mission of Wildlands Conservancy.
To be successful you will need:
• Minimum of age 17.
• Under the age of 18 must possess valid working papers.
• Genuine interest in natural sciences, environmental education, environmental science, outdoors, conservation.
• Ability to work with individuals of all ages and abilities.
• Ability to work independently and within a team.
• Show compassion, empathy and patience while maintaining an unwavering sense of humor.
• Tolerance of inclement weather conditions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor.
• Ability to lift twenty-five pounds.
• Must possess or be willing to obtain; current CPR, First Aid and AED certification; Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151); Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Record Check (Act 34); FBI Clearance (Act 114).
How to Apply:
send resume and cover letter to: