Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Seasonal Summer Camp - Outdoor Education Instructor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 11:00pm
Earth Native Wilderness School is seeking several outgoing, competent, organized and motivated applicants to instruct at our outdoor education summer camps. Seasonal Instructors will work primarily at our Day Camps at McKinney Falls State Park in Southeast Austin, Texas. This position offers an incredible opportunity for educators to make positive impacts in children’s lives by helping them develop deep, lifelong connections to nature.
- Collaborate with a team of instructors and directors to implement cohesive and exciting outdoor nature-based summer camps for children ages 3-12.
- Provide high quality outdoor education program instruction
- Help maintain a safe and functional outdoor school learning environment
- At least two years’ prior experience teaching youth, preferably in an outdoor setting
- Must love being outside and sharing a love of nature with others
- Highly enthusiastic, outgoing, motivated
- CPR and First Aid Certification required before starting work
- Must have knowledge and skill in many of the following areas:
- General Naturalist Studies
- Basic Wilderness/Outdoor Skills
- Basic Wildlife Track Identification
- Basic Navigation and Mapping
- Hazards of Central Texas
- Basic Flora and Fauna Identification for Central Texas (or similar skills from another bio-region)
- Must have experience teaching youth in an outdoor setting
- Must be creative, responsible, organized and be able to work on their own and in small teaching teams with little oversight
- 40 hours/week
- Pay rate $14-16/hr DOE
- Typical work hours during camp week are from M-F, 8am-4pm (but do vary day to day).
- Must be available to attend 4 days of paid staff training: May 22-23 and May 29-30. Please let us know your availability on your application.