Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Seasonal Watershed Forestry Educator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, February 24, 2017, 5:00pm
The Watershed Agricultural Council’s Forestry Program is seeking to hire one seasonal Watershed Forestry Educator for the summer of 2017. The seasonal Watershed Forestry Educator will primarily provide support for teacher training programs associated with the WAC Forestry Program’s Urban Rural Education Initiative. The secondary function of this position will be to provide support for forest landowner outreach and education programs within the NYC Watershed.
The Watershed Forestry Educator will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Work in cooperation with the WAC Forestry Program Watershed Educator to help plan, run, and evaluate multiple teacher training programs related to the NYC Watershed, drinking water supply system, and watershed forestry. In particular, assist with the Watershed Forestry Institute for Teachers, which is a 5-day, 4-night training program for 25 teachers (6-12th grade) held at an environmental education center.
- Work in cooperation with the WAC Forestry Program staff to assist with forest landowner education and outreach efforts in the NYC Watershed region, including marketing and content development for MyWoodlot.com. MyWoodlot. com is a website designed to promote forest stewardship among woodland owners in the NYC Watershed.
Excellent interpersonal, written,and oral communication skills;
- Conditions of employment are a valid license and a dependable vehicle for which will reimbursemileage incurred on the job based on current federalrates.
- located at WAC’s East of Hudson office at Hilltop Hanover Farm, 1275 Hanover St.,Yorktown Heights, NY 10598. Duration approximately 10 weeks with flexible start and end dates.
- under direct supervision of the WAC Forestry Program Watershed Educator and the WAC Forestry Program Manager. Report bi-monthly to the Watershed Forestry Program Committee of the Watershed Agricultural Council.$14.00/hour, 40 hours/week plus mileage reimbursement. Housing not included
How to Apply:
Submit Cover letter, resume and writing sample to Amy Faulkner, Watershed Agricultural Council, 33195 State Highway 10, Walton, NY 13856, email email@example.com