Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Seasonal Watershed Forestry Educator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, February 16, 2018, 4:00pm
Croton Watershed Region, Westchester County, NY
The Watershed Forestry Educator will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Work in cooperation with the WAC Forestry Program Watershed Educator to help plan, run, and evaluate multiple teacher training programs related to the NYC Watershed, drinking water supply system, and watershed forestry. In particular, assist with the Watershed Forestry Institute for Teachers, which is a 5-day, 4-night training program for 25 teachers (4-8th grade) held at an environmental education center.
- Work in cooperation with the WAC Forestry Program staff to assist with forest landowner education and outreach efforts in the NYC Watershed region, including marketing and content development for MyWoodlot.com.
- MyWoodlot.com is a website designed to promote forest stewardship among woodland owners in the NYC Watershed.
- College degree or working towards degree in an environmental and/or education field;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge of and experience with environmental education, experiential learning, event planning, and program evaluation;
- General computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Preference will be given to candidates with forestry and/or water-related environmental education experience;
- Conditions of employment are a valid driver’s license and a dependable vehicle for which WAC will reimburse mileage incurred on the job based on current federal rates.
- Position located in WAC’s East of Hudson office at Hilltop Hanover Farm, 1275 Hanover St., Yorktown Heights, NY 10598. Duration approximately 10 weeks with flexible start and end dates.
- Works under direct supervision of the WAC Forestry Program Watershed Educator and the WAC Forestry Program Manager. Report bi-monthly to the Watershed Forestry Program Committee of the Watershed Agricultural Council.
- $14.00/hour, 40 hours/week plus mileage reimbursement. Housing not included.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, resume and writing sample by Friday, February 16, 2018, to:
Watershed Agricultural Council, 33195 State Highway 10, Walton NY, 13856, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin on February 26, 2018. WAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.