Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Seed to Table Internship
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, December 15, 2017, 10:15pm
Garden School's Seed to Table is a year-round program of garden-based education for K-5th grades that brings to life concepts taught in the classroom through the process of planting, tending, harvesting, investigating, cooking and eating plants.
Interns play an integral role in our program, enabling our staff to provide the very best garden-based education to our children. As an intern you’ll gain hands-on experience, from guiding your own group of students through a healthy recipe or garden lesson, to leading your own after-school club, to learning about fascinating biodynamic gardening techniques like lasagna gardening and vermicompost.
As a Garden School Foundation intern you will have the chance to:
- Learn in-depth about organic gardening in an urban setting
- Gain teaching experience and first-hand knowledge of the LAUSD school system
- Assist during cooking classes, helping students learn to prepare healthy food
- Create and implement a project of your choosing in the garden or for GSF
- Meet and work with leaders in the SoCal urban agriculture movement
As an intern, your responsibilities will include:
- Help care for our school gardens
- Learn how to manage a large organic garden in an urban setting
- Assist GSF instructors in teaching cooking and in-garden classes
- Design and complete a project of your choosing
- Inspire and motivate our students
Internships are unpaid, but we’re happy to arrange academic credit with your school. Please contact GSF at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a resume and brief cover letter to Elizabeth Hall at email@example.com