Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Senior Nature Day Camp Counselor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, May 15, 2020, 5:00pm
In this full-time, seasonal position, Senior Counselors will:
- Develop, prepare and lead age-appropriate, environmental education activities based on the curricula and resources provided.
- Manage up to 13 chilren per week, in the grade group(s) of their choice, with assistance from other Counselors.
- If leading 6th and 7th grade groups, Seniors take part in off-site day trips each week, and some camping trips.
- Supervise at least one week of the After Camp Care program, 3:00-5:15 p.m.
Education and Experience Required:
- College students or college graduates, with major or degree in environmental education, environmental studies, elementary education or related fields.
- At least one year experience working with children in structured setting.
- Aptitude for learning basic natural history and ecology concepts and activities.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Must successfully complete post-offer background checks, and acquire First Aid and CPR certification.
- Must have reliable transportation. HOUSING IS NOT PROVIDED.
Required Dates and Hours:
Preparation days: June 8-11, 2020, 9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Camp weeks: Work 5 to 8 weeks between June 15 and August 7, 2020, 8:15 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
Pay Per Hour: $8.25
How to Apply:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-469-8646 for an application. Deadline is May 15, 2020.