Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Senior Nature Day Camp Counselor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, May 22, 2017, 5:00pm
Senior Counselors are needed to lead the following grade groups for 6 to 8 weeks of camp, which runs June 19-August 11: 4th and 5th grades, and 6th and 7th grades.
Education and Experience Required:
College students, or recent college graduates are invited to apply. Applicants should have experience and/or have a major or degree in environmental education, environmental science, elementary or secondary education, or related fields. Applicants with two or more years’ experience in a summer camp setting are preferred.
- Aptitude for learning basic natural history/ecology concepts and activities.
- Experience and comfort in taking children into outdoor, natural settings.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to be a creative and flexible leader and team player.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must pass three background checks.
- Must acquire current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Must have own reliable transportation.
- NO housing can be provided.
Required Dates and Hours:
Preparation week: June 12-16, 2017; 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Camp weeks: 6 to 8 weeks between June 19 and August 11, 2017.
Hours: Staff hours 8:15 a.m.-3:30 p.m.; Thursday evening programs 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Salary $8.00/hour, up to 38 hours per week.
How to Apply:
Contact email@example.com or 610-469-8646 for an application. Applications accepted until the 2 positions are filled, or by deadline of May 22, 2017.