Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Service Learning Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, December 16, 2016, 3:00pm
- Lead the design and implementation of a busy schedule of outdoor volunteer service projects that meet Natural Areas Department priorities. Some projects are complex and involve hundreds of participants in remote settings.
- Lead the planning and execution of project logistics.
- Prepare and present educational materials, schedule and deliver presentations to diverse audiences.
- Serve as a leader, educator, and facilitator on-site during project events. Work alongside volunteers when possible.
- Match requests from the community with appropriate volunteer projects. Manage high volunteer interest and limited project opportunities.
- Serve as a champion for volunteers. Ensure that each volunteer project is an organized, valuable and meaningful experience for participants, and that volunteers are appreciated and supported.
- Mentor, supervise, and provide constructive verbal and written feedback to volunteers.
- Develop and maintain high-quality relationships with internal staff, external partners, and the community.
- Serve as an active member of and liaison between three diverse staff teams with sometimes competing priorities.
- Engage and work effectively with diverse audiences, partners, teams and community members.
- Provide training and continuing education for volunteers and staff.
- Evaluate, track and report participation and results of volunteer projects.
- May actively solicit, write and manage grants.
- Assists with work planning and budget preparation.
- May operate a variety of equipment including mowers, blowers, weed whips, utility vehicles, and small trucks.
- May apply chemicals/herbicides.
- Be an ambassador for the City of Fort Collins Natural Areas Department by communicating the City’s goals, management philosophy, and key messages.
- Adhere to dress code and use of safety gear.
- Other duties as assigned.