Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Site Manager; Schoolhouse of Wonder
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, December 13, 2021, 12:00am
Website:Schoolhouse of Wonder
Schoolhouse of Wonder is looking for experienced and dedicated staff who are passionate about their work, who are committed to Schoolhouse’s mission and values, and who value diversity, equity, and inclusion. Site Managers take pride and joy in mentoring children, teens, and staff. These individuals can partner energy with patience and responsibility with fun. Visit https://schoolhouseofwonder.org/join-our-team/employment/site-manager/ for more in-depth information and application.
Site Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations of one of our three camp locations including managing seasonal and year-round staff members and multiple camper groups. Sites are based in Orange, Durham, and Wake Counties in North Carolina. Our Orange County Site Manager also partners with the Program Director to lead and manage Family and Community programs.
As a Site Manager, you’ll be spending your time:
- Supporting staff to deliver programming, including games, hikes, river and creek explorations, and skill-based activities, to small groups of children or teens;
- Keeping the logistics of camp running smoothly by managing staff, camp supplies, activity schedules, budget, and program areas;
- Providing excellent child-centered, empathy-based behavior management;
- Ensuring consistent program quality and extraordinary customer service;
- Safeguarding the physical and emotional safety of participants;
- Establishing trusted lines of communication with participants, their families, other Schoolhouse staff, and our park partners;
- Partnering with the Program Director to hire, train, and mentor camp staff;
Position Start Date:
Tuesday, February 1, 2022
How to Apply:
Application Deadline: December 13, 2021
Only complete applications will be reviewed
Step 1: Complete Applicant Information Form https://schoolhouseofwonder.org/join-our-team/employment/application/
Step 2: Email the following to Schoolhouse of Wonder at email@example.com(link sends e-mail):
- A cover letter that explains your interest in working as a Site Manager at Schoolhouse of Wonder (maximum one page)
- Your resume (maximum one page). Do not include photos of yourself on your resume.
- Please include your cover letter and resume as one document
Current certification in CPR and First Aid and a successful background check are required before work can begin. Schoolhouse will pursue both indicated and non-indicated references.
This is a full-time, exempt, “at will” position that reports to the COO.
Qualified women, minorities, and bilingual candidates (English/Spanish) are encouraged to apply. We are fully invested in creating a supportive environment for all marginalized groups including women, people of color, and LGBT+ people by promoting community collaboration within our organization.
Schoolhouse of Wonder is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
The wages for this position are $35,750 annually with 100% paid health insurance, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Additional benefits include professional development opportunities, unlimited vitamin D, and a steady stream of (mostly funny) stories.