Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, May 1, 2017, 12:00am
Website:Maine Outdoor School
Duration: 8 weeks, ending in late August 2017
Starting Date: TBD, but likely between late June and early-July 2017
Maine Outdoor School (MOS), based in Milbridge, ME, is looking to hire a Spanish-speaking, charismatic, adventurous, driven, and creative individual to assist MOS’s Outdoor Educator during Mano en Mano and the Maine Migrant Education Program’s Blueberry Harvest School. The Spanish-speaking Intern will be directly responsible for interpreting all MOS programs and materials for Spanish-speaking English language learners. Additionally, this Intern will support outdoor education lesson planning, preparing for educational programs, and delivering educational programs.
Maine Outdoor School’s mission is to serve as an educational catalyst for personal and community resilience in Downeast Maine through the lenses of economic vitality, environmental sustainability, and social equity. MOS believes that personal and community resilience in rural Maine is essential to the resilience of society as a whole and that resilient, flourishing communities are rooted in the careful study of our history and natural surroundings by lifelong learners of all ages, backgrounds, and occupations. MOS will be closely collaborating with Mano en Mano to provide educational outdoor programs to local and migrant students ages 3-13.
More information about MOS’s educational and organizational philosophy can be found at www.maineoutdoorschool.org.
More info about the Blueberry Harvest School can be found at www.manomaine.org/bhs.
Desired Competencies and Qualifications
• Spanish fluency required
• Minimum of CPR and First Aid certifications required
For more information, visit www.MaineOutdoorSchool.org, call (207) 358-0412, or email email@example.com
• A valid US driver’s license preferred
• Must be enrolled in or recently graduated from a four-year college focused in science, education, cultural studies, or a related field
• Keen interest in experiential outdoor education programs
• Experience working with elementary and middle school-aged children
• High self-motivation and excellence at performing group and individual tasks
• Must be able to complete a Criminal History Record Check through the Maine Department of Education upon acceptance
Position Start Date:
Thursday, June 15, 2017
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, though we aim to fill this position by April 30th, 2017.
Please email the following to Hazel Stark (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Cover Letter: Please include in a cover letter of 2 pages or less a description of why you would be a good fit for this position and how it would align with your professional goals.
- Résumé (2 pages or less): Please provide evidence of First Aid and CPR certifications or how you could earn them before July 2017.
- 2 Letters of Reference
Compensation and Benefits: $/week, housing provided, $1500 education stipend