Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, December 17, 2018, 5:00pm
Earth Day Network’s mission is to broaden and diversify the worldwide environmental movement and to mobilize it as the most effective vehicle to build a healthy and sustainable environment, address climate change, and protect the Earth for future generations. Earth Day Network (EDN) is the world’s largest recruiter to the environmental movement, working with more than 50,000 partners in 196 countries to build environmental democracy. We work through a combination of education, public policy, and consumer campaigns to accomplish our goals.
EDN is looking for qualified candidates with a strong interest and knowledge in current environmental issues and to play a vital role in the planning and implementation of Earth Day 2019, Earth Day 2020 (Earth Day’s 50th Anniversary!!), and all year-round programming. Interns will work closely with EDN’s staff to gain experience by attending meetings, writing blogs, performing research, and assisting in grassroots outreach. EDN’s Internship Program goal is for the intern to have an intense and high-quality learning experience in a nonprofit environment which will increase their knowledge and experience in the environmental field, bolster their professional resume, and benefit from being a dedicated member of the EDN team.
Specific Responsibilities May Include:
- Supporting Earth Day Network in our efforts to connect our global network of grassroots organizations, local authorities, educators, and youth.
- Engaging in the day-to-day operations of Earth Day Network, including meetings, correspondence, and events.
- Monitoring domestic and international environmental efforts.
- Participating in the planning, execution, and promotion of year-round campaigns.
- Creating blogs and social media posts to be published on our website and social media accounts.
- Assisting in the research, evaluation, and outreach to prospective and current partners.
- Contributing to the coordination, resource development, and planning of events, activities, and programs.
- A strong interest in and knowledge of current environmental issues at the domestic and international level.
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from an undergraduate or master’s degree program
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Professional demeanor.
- Experience with web and multimedia design and/or development is a plus.
- Proficiency in a language other than English is strongly preferred.
Desired Professional Qualities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Respectful, hardworking, results oriented individual
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude that works well in a team but is also motivated, self-sufficient, and can work well independently as needed
- Experience with web and multimedia design and/or development preferred
- Prior campaign experience preferred
- International background or experience, with intermediate to superior-level fluency in French, Spanish, Chinese Mandarin, or Arabic preferred
This internship is unpaid. College credit can be awarded if your institution supports it.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email your resume with a cover letter to our organization at email@example.com. Please fill in the subject line as: 2019Spring_last name.
All candidates must also fill out this application which includes a writing sample.
Applications for Spring 2019 are due Monday, December 17th by 5pm EST.