Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
STEM Programs Intern
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 31, 2017, 5:00pm
Website:Bay Area Discovery Museum
The STEM Programs Intern reports to the Public Specialist and is primarily responsible for supporting the Education Team with all aspects of programming including prep, administration, facilitation, documentation, evaluation, and other duties as assigned. This will include work with on-site programming, performances, festivals and special events. The STEM Programs Intern is a part-time, unpaid internship position with a flexible work schedule from 15 to 24 hours/weekly. The intern must receive college credit for their time at the Museum.
- Document programs and exhibit spaces and file information onto servers.
- Create written materials and edit Museum signage.
- Research other museums and their program offerings and compile data.
- Prepare and maintain supplies for fall educational programs.
- Create and help distribute surveys on programs and visitor experience.
- Compile and analyze surveys for Art Studios, drop-in programs, and other events.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Facilitate on the floor in exhibit halls providing hands-on learning experiences to families.
- Co-facilitate daily drop-in programs in conjunction with public programs staff.
- Provide excellent customer service while maintaining a safe, friendly, and orderly environment.
- Other duties and programmatic support as assigned.
- In the process of obtaining a B.A. or B.S. in early childhood education, Museum studies or relevant field required.
- Must be eligible to receive college credit.
- Interest and experience with children ages 0-8 years required.
- Understanding of and interest in early childhood development, pedagogy, and developmentally appropriate practice required.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and troubleshoot in a face paced work environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, and Power Point is required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Our mission: To ignite and advance creative thinking for all children.
In our one-of-a-kind location at the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge on 7.5 acres of National Park land, the Bay Area Discovery Museum facilitates child-directed, open-ended, inquiry-driven learning through hands-on exhibitions, rich activities and risk- friendly challenges designed to ignite creativity, as well as STEM skills and critical thinking.
Additionally, the Museum’s research and advisory division, the Center for Childhood Creativity (CCC), is working at a national scale to advance the research that informs our understanding of childhood creativity, advocate for its critical importance and inspire the next generation of innovators, thought leaders and problem-solvers.
WHAT WE OFFER
The Bay Area Discovery Museum offers a high-energy, results-oriented, creative and fun environment where all staff members and volunteers contribute to creating an innovative environment that helps us achieve our mission. We offer the knowledge that your skills impact over 300,000 Museum visitors each year onsite and many more in the community through the Museum’s Center for Childhood Creativity.
The Bay Area Discovery Museum is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit their resume online at:
NOTE TO CANDIDATE
Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of a background/criminal check, if extended an offer for an internship position. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position.
The STEM Programs Intern is a part-time, unpaid internship position with a flexible work schedule from 15 to 24 hours/weekly. The intern must receive college credit for their time at the Museum.