Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer 2022 Assistant Teacher Naturalist
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
PUDDLESTOMPERS is currently hiring for ALL TEACHING POSITIONS for our 2022 Summer Camp season! We are looking for creative, enthusiastic, and engaging individuals who are passionate about connecting young children to the natural world to join our teaching staff. Our 2022 Summer Nature Camps will take place every week between June 6th-September 2nd, in Newton & Wellesley, Massachusetts.
Assistant Teacher Naturalists are an essential part of the PUDDLESTOMPERS™ Summer Camp experience. This is a position that provides the opportunity to develop leadership and recreation skills while giving program support to the Lead & Team Teachers. Assistant Teachers are expected to fully participate in every aspect of the program, help keep children on task and feeling successful, demonstrate enthusiasm and desirable behaviors, assist in behavior management, and offer assistance freely when needed. An Assistant Teacher is responsible for:
- Providing general support to Lead & Team Teachers
- Working as part of a team to create a well-structured, safe, clean, and fun environment for children
- Participating in clean-up and set-up of daily activities
- Leading occasional activities when guided by the Lead Teacher, such as stories, games, & songs
- Communicating clearly and positively with teachers, parents, and children
- Interacting with children in a positive and affirming way
This is a part-time position, approximately 25-35 hours/week. Camp runs from 9:00am-1:00pm daily, with an early drop-off option for campers from 8:20-9:00am and an extended day option from 1:00-3:00pm. Our primary Summer locations are currently: Nahanton Park (Newton), Saw Mill Brook Conservation Area (South Newton), and Warren Recreation Center (Wellesley)—other locations may be coming soon! Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Summer positions have a flexible schedule based on registration. We are looking for teachers with weekly availability for June 6th-Sept 2nd.
- Prior teaching experience with 4-9 year olds and/or K-2nd graders
- Experience in outdoor education and/or degree in the natural sciences a plus
- Ability to work in an active outdoor environment
- Dependable, responsible and organized
- Fun-loving, creative and engaging
How to Apply:
Accepting applications until position(s) are filled. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!