Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer Camp Counselor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 5:00pm
- Overnight and free time supervision of camp participants; including creating and organizing educational and recreational free time activities, getting participants to and from meals and camp events.
- Meet and greet parents/guardians and participants on check-in and check-out days.
- Ensure that health, happiness and safety are top priorities at all times.
- Develop and lead weekly Citizen Science activities with campers.
- Co-teaching with educators on various camps throughout the summer.
- Taking pictures of summer camps on a weekly basis.
- Creating and submitting weekly nighttime/free time Activity Plans and Activity Reports.
- Participation in camp events led by Field Station Educational Staff as needed.
- Administering medications as needed.
- Weekly camp duties run from Sunday at 3:00 pm to Friday at 6:00 pm.
- With the assistance of the Camp Coordinator, interns will plan and lead the final summer camp of the summer, a 3-day camp for 10-12 year olds.
- Gain an in depth understanding of the dynamic ecosystems of a barrier island.
- Receive training in environmental interpretation and education.
- Gain experience creating educational curricula for ages 8-18.
- Must have a degree or be working towards a degree in Education, Outdoor Recreation, Marine Biology, Environmental Sciences or other relevant fields.
- Ability to connect with, encourage, and direct participants of all ages.
- Must be energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Ability to think fast, make decisions and enforce rules.
- Must enjoy contact with people, putting into action the belief that first impressions are important with every personal contact.
- Valid Driver’s License and submittal of recent Driving Record.
- Must be 21 or older.Current First Aid and CPR (we will provide training).
- Friendly, creative, energetic personality.
- Willingness to work long hours with program participants in various weather conditions.
How to Apply:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three references
Please send application materials via email to Mary McCumber at email@example.com with “Summer Camp Internship” in the title.
You can send applications through the mail to the following address:
Marine Science Summer Camp Internships
34001 Mill Dam Road
Wallops Island, VA 23337