Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer Camp Educator
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
The Education Department at Tracy Aviary seeks candidates who are able to start Tuesday, May 22, 2018, and end no sooner than Friday, August 24, 2018.
We seek a mature, highly motivated educator experienced with camp facilitation to join its team for a summer seasonal camp facilitator position.
The duties of this 40-hour a week position will involve preparation and facilitation of Tracy Aviary Avian Adventure Summer Camps. Additional duties may include formal and non-formal programs with youth and the general public. Such programs may include tours, interpreting at exhibits, and staffing special events.
Please note that these positions do not involve any direct contact with animals.
Wage: $9 per hour
- Youth camp and leadership experience
- Demonstrated interest in a career in the field of Education
- Demonstrated interest in nature and ecology
- Effective in working well collaboratively and managing time efficiently
- Highly motivated and innovative, well organized, eager to take on new tasks and meet commitments
- Ability to work full-time, Monday through Friday, for the entire camp season between the beginning of June and end of August.
ADDITIONAL AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A bachelor’s degree in education, natural resources, environmental studies, conservation, biology, zoology, or related field from an approved college or university. Applicants still working toward a degree will be considered.
- Knowledge about regional birds and avian ecology
- Certification in CPR and First Aid
- Skills in presenting to mixed groups
- Food Handler’s Permit
- Proficiency in word processing, layout and editing
- Familiarity with learning assessment tools and strategies
How to Apply:
Position available starting May 22, 2018. Open until filled.
Applications are being accepted immediately. No telephone calls please. Send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Anne Terry, Education Manager, at email@example.com . Visit www.tracyaviary.org for more information about Tracy Aviary.