Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer Camp Educator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 8:00pm
The Summer Camp Educator will develop and lead dynamic, high quality environmental, science-based summer camp programs at the Randall Davey Audubon Center and Sanctuary in Santa Fe, NM for children aged 5-12 years old. This position is a temporary position, 40 hours per week for approximately 12 weeks starting May 22, 2017.
- Working with the Camp Director, help develop nine weeks of ecology, nature, and science based summer camp curriculum.
- Lead groups of up to 22 children, 4-5 teen volunteer counselors, and 1-2 adult volunteers for day-long camp sessions held both inside and in the outdoors.
- Provide a fun, educational experience for children during camp.
- Maintain the safety and well-being of all camp participants.
- Maintain a respectful and collegial team environment with fellow staff, and adult and teen volunteers.
- Interface with camp parents and family members in a professional manner.
- Deliver daily camp activity updates to Camp Director.
- Maintain cleanliness and order of the camp classroom and educational materials.
- College coursework or bachelor’s degree in Education, Environmental Studies, Outdoor Education, or like field
- Proven abilities in designing curricula, lesson plans and activities, preferably in a summer camp setting
- Proven skills teaching children in formal or informal settings
- Excellent organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, and computer literacy
- The desire to educate diverse audiences, with an emphasis on young people, about the natural world and conservation
- Ability to be flexible, self-motivated and to provide leadership for teen volunteers and other summer camp volunteers
- Professional and friendly manner
- Must be able to transport up to 40 pounds
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified or obtain certification prior to date of hire
How to Apply:
To apply, visit the Audubon job portal and apply online at https://careers-audubon.icims.com/jobs/ and search for jobs in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Apply by March 1st, 2017.