Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer Camp Educator
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
The Education Department at Tracy Aviary seeks candidates who are able to start Monday, May 17, 2021 and end no sooner than Friday, August 20, 2021.
We seek an educator experienced with camp facilitation to join our team for a summer seasonal camp facilitator position.
The duties of this 40-hour a week position will involve preparation and facilitation of Tracy Aviary Summer Camps, as well as cleaning and maintenance of camp areas and materials. Summer camp educators will have the opportunity to work with campers of all ages and abilities. Additional duties may include formal and non-formal programs with youth and the general public. Such programs may include tours, interpreting at exhibits, and staffing special events.
Please note that these positions do not involve any direct contact with animals.
Wage: $9 per hour
- Experience working with youth
- Interest in nature and ecology
- Effective in working well collaboratively and managing time efficiently
- Highly motivated and innovative, well organized, eager to take on new tasks and meet commitments
- Ability to work full-time, Monday through Friday, for the entire camp season between the beginning of June to mid-August
- A bachelor’s degree in education, natural resources, environmental studies, conservation, biology, zoology, or related field. Applicants still working toward a degree will be considered.
- Knowledge about regional birds and avian ecology
- Certification in CPR and First Aid
- Food Handler’s Permit
- Familiarity with learning assessment tools and strategies
Position Start Date:
Monday, May 17, 2021
How to Apply:
Position available starting May 17, 2021. Open until filled.
Applications are being accepted immediately. No telephone calls please. Send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Marina Astin, Education Manager. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com, mailed to 589 E 1300 S, Salt Lake City, Utah 84105, or dropped off at Tracy Aviary’s Visitor Center.
Visit www.tracyaviary.org for more information about Tracy Aviary.