Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer Camp Naturalist
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Summer Camp Naturalists will be responsible for assisting in creating and maintaining a safe, fun, and educational environment for program participants. Over half of the position focuses on experiences with our summer camp program, with the rest in outdoor adventure education programs.
- Provide a safe, healthy, and fun environment, both physically and mentally, to campers and students
- Supervise or co-supervise campers on-site and on field trips while participating and encouraging participation of all campers in daily activities
- Assist in planning and implementing daily activities that fits camper needs and interests
- Assist with set-up and tear-down of activities
- Teach Outdoor Education classes for both summer camps and visiting groups, which may include high ropes courses (being comfortable with heights is helpful!), rock climbing, river canoeing, archery, and navigational skills. You will specialize in solo teaching one or two adventure classes from our curriculum.
- Help campers and guests with issues that may arise
- Assume equal share of housekeeping and maintenance duties
- Able to commit to June 3th to August 10th, 2018 with vacation time June 30th- July 4th, 2018
- Currently enrolled as a full time college student (with the completion of at least sophomore year) or recent college graduate
- CPR/First Aid certifications preferred
- Interest in, and prior experience working with, youth in an outdoor setting
- Exhibit characteristics such as: leadership, responsibility, patience, dependability, maturity, positive attitude, self-motivation, creativity, and enthusiasm
- Ability to problem-solve and think on their feet
- Comfortable with heights
- Able to lift or carry up to 50 lbs., sit, stand, or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time
- Able to work long hours, five-six days a week with little time off
- Option of internship credit, dependent on college/university
- $185/week for the duration of the summer
- Housing provided on-site – includes WiFi, access to laundry
- Food provided as meals in the Dining Hall or kitchen staples
- Access to Eagle Bluff’s adventure gear
- Firearms Safety Certification
- Professional purchase discounts
How to Apply:
- Email your resumé and a copy of your most current college transcript to: Becca Jacobson & Jenna Moon, Summer Camp Coordinators, email@example.com
- Contact three professional references and direct them to our online Reference Form (found on our website). It is your responsibility to make sure the references are completed in a timely manner.
- Answer and submit the online application questions, on our website.
When we have received all of the materials above, we will contact you about continuing the hiring process.