Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer Camp Science Specialist
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, May 31, 2016, 5:00pm
The specialist will be responsible for creating the curriculum for three different themes:
Silly Science - Campers discover the wonders of science, making volcanoes erupt and motors roar, getting their hands dirty and testing scientific theories in the lab.
Design & Build -Campers investigate physics, architecture and engineering, using building sets, clay and recycled materials to build their own structures.
Nature Navigators - Campers investigate the ecology and wildlife of the Bay through daily hikes, science experiments and journal observations
- Staff Orientation and planning time: May 31 - June 3
- Camp Sessions: June 6 - August 5
- Experience teaching science to children.
- The knowledge and ability to explain and facilitate science-based curricula and science materials for young elementary school-aged campers.
- Strong classroom management skills with ability to set clear and consistent limits and resolve behavioral problems with assistance from supervisors.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
- Passions for science, informal education and youth programs.
- Create a safe, supportive, stimulating and fun environment for campers.
- Knowledge of summer camps.
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and ability to improvise required.
- Must be 21 years or older.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply: http://jccsf.snaphire.com/?unlistedjob=YNblFZF