Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer Day Camp Assistant (May-August)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 10, 2017, 5:00pm
Position details: May through August, 35-40 hrs/week. Includes work on weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Assist with summer day camp, environmental education, and outdoor adventure programs to include extensive hiking, canoeing, and more.
- Assist with the care and feeding of exhibit and program animals.
- Assist with customer service duties including answering visitor questions and working the cash register.
- Present programs on weekends, evenings, or holidays as assigned.
- Assist with special events, garden maintenance, and other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications: Qualified applicants must be presently enrolled in, or have a BS/BA degree in one of the following fields: natural/environmental sciences, environmental education, recreation or related field. Applicants must have a strong desire to work with children in an outdoor setting and be able to hike 3-5 miles on unpaved trails. Current first aid and CPR certification and knowledge of the flora and fauna of the Piedmont region of North Carolina is preferred.
How to Apply:
Send your cover letter, resume, and a list of applicable college coursework by fax or e-mail to:
Nature Center Manager, Latta Plantation Nature Center
6211 Sample Road, Huntersville, NC 28078
Phone: (704) 947-3069
Fax: (704) 875-1394