Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer Day Camp Counselor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 5:00pm
Website:Lehigh Valley Zoo
Do you have a passion for working with kids? Have you always really loved animals? This is the job for you! The Lehigh Valley Zoo is currently looking for a high energy individual to run our summer Zoo Camps. Every week, Zoo Camp will have a different theme and corresponding conservation message. The Lehigh Valley Zoo will be running two separate camps, The Bugs camp which will encompass ages 6-8, and the ‘Roos ages 9-11. Camp counselors will not be able to choose which camp they run, so a willingness to work with all ages is a must! Working at the Lehigh Valley Zoo will give you the unique opportunity to work with animals as well as with kids.
- Conduct all day Zoo Camp programs including games, activities, crafts, and presentations, and managing upwards of 10-20 children with assistance.
- Set up and cleanup of all classroom and outside spaces used each day.
- Account for all necessary supplies and documentation.
- Applicants will have to have successfully completed or are working to complete a college degree in Environmental Science, Education, Biology, or other related fields.
- Applicants will need to be available Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. All weekends are off as well as the week of July 3-7, as there will be no camp that week.
- Experience and/or interest in working with children ages from 5-14 years old.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Successful completion of a background check and Child Abuse check
- Willingness to handle a variety of animal species and give brief, yet informative presentations.
- Ability to acquire Background checks and Criminal history checks.
- Candidates will be required to lift and carry at least 25lbs.
- Candidates will need to be able to lead nature hikes on various terrain for up to at least 1 hour.
- Able to be on feet for extended periods of time.
- High energy and passion for conservation education.
Director of Conservation Education
Zoo Camp will last for 7 weeks: June 19-August 11. Must be available before June 19.
How to Apply:
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Stephanie Augustine at email@example.com