Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer Education Internship
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 12:00am
- Each intern works approximately 5.5 hours/day, Monday-Friday, from June 11- end of August plus mandatory training June 7-9th: ~9am-5pm.
- Three positions available: “Early” position from 7:45am-1:15pm, “Late” position from 12:30pm-5:45pm, and “Wonder Bugs” position from 8:15am-1:15pm primarily with preschool-age children. Please specify position preference in cover letter and see more defined roles below.
- Compensation: (Note: Room and board not provided)
- “Early”: $500/month stipend plus certification in CPR/First Aid
- “Late”: $450/month stipend plus certification in CPR/First Aid
- “Wonder Bugs”: $400/month stipend plus certification in CPR/First Aid
- Assist education staff in coordinating and preparing for summer camp programs for children ages 2-16,
- Ensure safety of summer campers while participating in programs at ALNC,
- Teach and lead hands-on summer camp programs,
- Supervise and lead lunchtime story hour and/or extended day activities,
- Schedule descriptions: “Early” position supervises extended day care from 8:00-9:00am, then assists with morning camp from 9am-12pm and Lunch Bunch from 12-1:15pm; “Late” position assists with afternoon camp from 1-4pm (must arrive earlier than 1pm to assist with set up) and supervises extended day care from 4:00-5:30pm; “Wonder Bugs” position assists with set-up of WB program starting at 8:15am, assists with program from 9:30-10:45am, assists with clean-up from 10:45-11:30am, then assists with set-up, supervision, and clean-up of Lunch Bunch from 11:30-1:15pm.
- Must be at least 18 years of age,
- Commitment, reliability, flexibility,
- A cheerful, positive, and open attitude,
- Experience working with children preferred,
- Knowledge of Wisconsin natural history preferred,
- Must be able to attend summer staff training dates, including first aid and CPR/First Aid (June 7-9th:~ 9-5pm).
- Gain experience in a highly successful hands-on summer camp program,
- Learn about the natural history of Wisconsin and gain insight into Aldo Leopold’s philosophy,
- Gain valuable program development and teaching experience,
- Receive Adult/Child CPR and Standard First Aid Certifications.
How to Apply:
Individuals interested in this position are required to send a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Aldo Leopold Nature Center
330 Femrite Drive, Monona, WI 53716
Email applications and questions welcome to (608)-216-9370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.