Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer Field Staff
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, April 28, 2017, 12:00pm
Website:North Branch Nature Center
North Branch Nature Center is seeking qualified individuals to teach and lead campers ages 4 to 14 during our 2017 summer camp season. Field staff will be responsible for leading group games, arts and crafts, sensory awareness activities, storytelling and singing, as well as teaching lessons in natural history and field studies. Field staff members will collaborate during the planning and teaching of these daily activities. As part of the camp staff, you will also serve as a mentor to Counselors in Training. All staff will participate in a 5 day pre-camp staff training. As a staff member at NBNC you hold a position of great responsibility and importance to the success of our summer day camp programs. Your warmth, enthusiasm, willingness to share knowledge, and sensitivity to the needs of each camper profoundly influences every day of camp. We are looking for staff prospects that not only fulfill these criteria, but also have a genuine love for nature and the outdoors.
- At least 18 years of age
- BS or BA degree, some undergraduate coursework and experience, or extensive life experience in teaching/instructing in an outdoor environment.
- Be willing to not only serve as a mentor to campers but to Counselors-In-Training as well.
- Experience communicating with parents and caregivers.
- Experience in childhood education, environmental education and/or science background .
- Be patient, energetic, fun-loving, hardworking, and have a sense of humor.
- Experience in time management, planning a schedule, and working out logistics.
- Maintain a positive and appropriate attitude as well as highest morale character around children and staff at all times
- Be willing and able to put the needs of others before your own.
- Be flexible and able to work well with others, maintain open and effective communication.
- Minimum of Red Cross certification in standard first aid and CPR required.
- Dates of Employment: 5 days of mandatory staff training, June 19th- 23rd. Camp begins June 26th and ends on August 18th. Two additional days post camp will set aside for clean-up and staff reflection.
- Pay: $11 per hour, 40 hours per week, 9 total weeks
Position Start Date:
Monday, June 19, 2017
How to Apply:
Position will remain open until filled. To apply, please e-mail a letter of interest, resume, and three references to:
$11 per hour, 40 hours per week, 9 weeks