Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer Guided Discoveries Intern
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 5:00pm
Website:Squam Lakes Natural Science Center
The Science Center’s Guided Discoveries summer internship is an opportunity to learn and grow while gaining experience in environmental education at a nationally-accredited nature center. Guided Discoveries are week-long programs that provide children ages 4-12 with hands-on experiences that help them discover and connect with New Hampshire’s natural world. The Guided Discoveries Intern assists the Guided Discoveries Instructor with the planning, preparation and instruction for these theme focused programs. The Guided Discoveries Intern also gains experience handling and teaching about native New Hampshire wildlife.
- College junior/senior status or graduate student with a major in the natural sciences, early childhood education, elementary education, environmental education or related field
- Experience working with children in educational and/or recreational settings preferred
- Candidates receiving college credit for the experience are given priority in consideration
- Enthusiasm, motivation and a desire to work with children and animals
- Available from June 1-August 18, 2017 on weekdays from 8:30 AM-4:30 PM
To learn more about the Science Center visit http://nhnature.org.
Position Start Date:
Thursday, June 1, 2017
How to Apply:
Email letter of interest, resume and contact information for three references to:
Squam Lakes Natural Science Center
603-968-7194 x 14
Weekly stipend $150/week + onsite housing (available at no cost, but not mandatory)