Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer Musk Ox Interpretive Guide
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 12:00pm
Position Responsibilities and Qualifications:
The Musk Ox Farm is seeking highly responsible, enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to fill its Interpretive Guide positions for the summer 2017 season. We will train the proper individuals in interpretive education techniques, the history of the project, natural history of musk oxen, and the history of our Colony Farm. All you need to bring is a first-class personality, dedicated enthusiasm, and a commitment to make our guests feel welcomed and well educated. However, studies in education, wildlife, ecology or biology fields are highly desired. Due to the nature of our business, gracious customer service skills in a busy environment are a necessity. The position runs from approximately May through Mid-September 2017. Interpretive Guides responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Personal fluency in educational materials. This includes mission statement, project history, physiology and arctic adaptations of the animals, farm layout and operations, operations of the familiarity with gift shop merchandise, including qiviut.
- Cheerful/outgoing/charming personality.
- Maintain appropriate personal appearance at the farm at all times
- Ability to address groups large and small and accurately convey the mission of The Musk Ox Farm and share the information we provide to you.
- Patience working with visitors of all abilities, including visitors from foreign countries with potential language barriers.
- Maintaining a positive attitude rain or shine.
- Ability to run a Point of Sale System.
- Cooperation and flexibility in filling the schedule and its various shifts.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and attractive working environment including grounds and public bathrooms.
$9.80/ hour pay with a $1.00/hours worked contract fulfillment bonus at the end of the season.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and contact information (phone and email address) of two references that can address your qualifications for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education Programming Coordinator
Musk Ox Farm
PO Box 587
Applications will be reviewed starting immediately and positions will be open until filled.