Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 11:00pm
Job Qualifications and Preferences:
- Applicants should be available to start May 24, 2017 through Labor Day (end date can be flexible depending on your college schedule)
- Completion of two years of full-time college or work experience
- Experience and interest in environmental interpretation
- Experience working with diverse audiences
- Experience in and a passion for the Adirondacks
- Must be a strong self-starter with excellent communication skills
- Experience working with a cash register preferred
- Comfort and ability paddling a tandem canoe on flat water preferred
- Interest in social media promotion and management preferred
- Ability to do some physically demanding work, including trail maintenance, painting, standing for long hours, hiking, paddling and moving 50+ lb boats, and more.
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation to and from the VIC
- National Association for Interpretation Certified Interpretive Guide Course
- Trainings in Adirondack Natural History
- First Aid, CPR, and Canoe Safety Trainings
- Professional Networking Opportunities
- Relevant Professional Experience for Careers in Interpretation, Information Education, and more!
- Hourly Rate for 40 Hour Work Week/ $388/week
How to Apply:
Applicants may submit a letter of intent, resume and contact information for three professional references. Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged and should be sent in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org Mailing address: Human Resources, Paul Smith’s College, PO Box 265, Paul Smiths, NY 12970. Faxed to: (518) 327-6161. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.