Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer Nature Camp, Assistant Director
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, April 8, 2019, 6:00pm
Website:City of Richmond
Lead 9-12 year old children through giant hide and go seek games, silent hikes, forest art, nature journaling, nature games, tracking, crafting bows and arrows, making debris huts, tree ID, and tree hugging. Every week will include a fun-filled field trip. Our final project will be an outdoor adventure movie with campers playing woodland creatures.
Camp runs June 24 to August 2, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Staff hours, 8:30 to 1:30 p.m. with planning and staff meetings on Wednesday afternoons with Tuesdays being longer due to field trips.
The Summer Camp Assistant Director creates lesson plans, leads large and small group activities, and directs educational and recreational activities. Assists in providing a safe, nurturing, and fun environment for both campers and staff. Has direct responsibility of the daily camp participants. Provides quality service and maintains positive public relations. The Assistant Director reports to the Camp Director/ Recreation Services Supervisor and will run and facilitate the camp in the director’s absence.
* Bachelor’s degree required
* Study in environmental science, education, outdoor recreation, or equivalent level of work experience in the indicated fields.
* Experience teaching groups of children and youth in formal or informal settings in the outdoors.
* Excellent written, verbal skills and interpersonal skills.
* Comfort working in a natural, outdoor setting in a range of weather.
* Knowledge of behavior-management techniques.
* Understand environmental factors that could have a negative effect on campers.
* Ability to plan and coordinate weekly schedule of activities for youth.
Note: There is no housing for this position.
There will be three days of training the week of June 17th.
Candidate must pass criminal background check and drug screening test before start date.
Position Start Date:
Monday, June 24, 2019
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, resume, and three references to William.George@Richmondgov.com
18.00 an hour