Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer Nature Camp, Teacher/Naturalist
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, March 29, 2019, 6:00pm
Website:City of Richmond
Lead 9-12 year old children through giant hide and go seek games, silent hikes, forest art, nature journaling, nature games, tracking, crafting bows and arrows, making debris huts, tree ID, and tree hugging. Every week will include a fun-filled field trip. Our final project will be an outdoor adventure movie with campers playing woodland creatures.
Camp runs June 24 to August 2, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Staff hours, 8:30 to 1:30 p.m. with planning and staff meetings on Wednesday afternoons with Tuesdays running longer due to field trips.
Note: There is no housing for this position.
There will be three days of training the week of June 17th.
Candidate must pass criminal background check and drug screening test before start date.
- Study in environmental science, education, outdoor recreation, or equivalent level of work experience in the indicated fields.
- Experience teaching groups of children and youth in formal or informal settings.
- Excellent written, verbal skills and interpersonal skills.
- Comfort working in a natural, outdoor setting in a range of weather.
- Knowledge of behavior-management techniques.
- Understand environmental factors that could have a negative effect on campers.
- Ability to plan activities for youth.
Position Start Date:
Monday, June 24, 2019
How to Apply:
Email cover letter, resume and three references to William.George@Richmondgov.com
$14.00 per hour.