Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer Programs Instructor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, May 1, 2022, 12:00pm
Position Type: Seasonal, full time
Compensation: $18.00/hr, ~40hrs per week
Employment Dates June 13- August 5th, 2022
On-campus housing options: Available- $300-350/month
Meal Plan options: Available throughout the summer when Residential Programs in session
Supervisor: MOSS K12 Programs Coordinator
MAJOR FUNCTION: The major function of this position is to design programs that align with the MOSS philosophy, instruct program participants, and facilitate effective science education.
80% Assist MOSS Programs by:
- Designing and coordinating outdoor science programs for middle and high school students
- Facilitating science education and leadership programming for residential program participants (see below for individual program descriptions)
- Organizing and running the MOSS store
- Maintaining and assessing broken teaching gear -- data collection tools, etc.
- Large variety of tasks as assigned
- 20% Contribute to Team effort by:
- Participating in scheduled instructor meetings
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Filling in for other IH positions on campus as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge and practice in implementation of the McCall Outdoor Science School education philosophy, outdoor leadership and environmental education curriculum and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to: design and conduct outdoor environmental education programs for all ages; perform basic computer skills including Internet, email, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Willingness to: carry out oral and written instructions of direct supervisor.
- Ability to: to follow risk management practices per organization, address concerns and needs in residential and commercial environments and to work variable seasonal hours and to be on call as needed.
- Current Wilderness First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Ability to pass a federal background check.
- Experience with: the general public/public setting, working in a service related industry, managing small crews, project layout and assignment, working in a university/academic environment.
- Demonstrated dependability: commitment to teamwork, effective communication and using effective human relations skills.
- Skills associated with: running a cashier station with cash box, and inventorying gear.
How to Apply:
Send a resume and lettter of interest to Beth Kochevar at email@example.com