Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer Safari Day Camp Assistant, Friends of the National Zoo Safari Day Camp (full-time, seasonal)
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 12:30pm
Job Summary: To provide administrative support for Summer Safari Day Camp. Assists with office work including maintaining medical records and confidential camper information files, supervising campers/classes when teacher is not present, interacting with parents and Zoo staff, providing teachers with supplies, and assisting with camp safety issues. This position requires attending an orientation on Tuesday, June 13 and working every Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. every day for the nine weeks between Monday, June 19, 2017 and Friday August 18, 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position provides administrative support to the Summer Safari Day Camp staff. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain inventory of camp supplies including water bottles, baseball hats, camp snacks, and first aid supplies.
- Review, stock, and deliver weekly teacher supplies based on program request forms.
- Ensure that camp teachers and administrative staff are properly equipped with weekly attendance rosters, medical files, and necessary forms.
- Keep all classrooms clean, organized, and stocked with appropriate supplies, water, and snacks.
- Supervise Summer Safari campers during teacher breaks.
- Assist in developing and leading activities for the daily morning meeting.
- Provided excellent customer service via phone, email, and in-person to Summer Safari Day Camp families.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Age Requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Education: At least one year of college.
- Experience: One year office experience and one year experience with children.
- Valid Driver’s License Required.
Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite, comfortable learning new computer skills quickly.
- Ability to effectively supervise children.
- Organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Work independently.
Position Start Date:
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply with resume and cover letter at www.fonzjobs.com.