Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Summer Youth Outdoors Member
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, May 9, 2016, 5:30pm
AmeriCorps Summer Youth Outdoors Members (ages 18-25) receive on-the-job training to learn natural resources management skills and put those skills into practice completing conservation and habitat restoration projects. Members engage Twin Cities’ youth in environmental education projects and complete natural resource conservation projects such as prairie restoration, raingarden installation, exotic species management, fencing and lakeshore restoration. Crew Members also get the chance to work alongside conservation professionals and explore career options within the environmental field.
- AmeriCorps service position (ages 18-25)
- Term dates: May 23-August 19, 2016
- Schedule: Full-time, 40 hrs/week, Monday-Friday typical. Daily schedule varies and includes after-school and weekend hours.
Locations: Saint Paul, MN and Ramsey County, MN
- Ability to foster strong work habits, environmental ethics and team unity
- Strong desire to learn new skills.
- Positive attitude and interest in service and community work.
- Dedication to complete full term of AmeriCorps service.
- 18-25 years old
- Flexible schedule to accommodate possible week-long out-of-town projects and emergency response.
- Ability to perform the Essential Service Functions 40 hours per week, including long (10 hr) days of physically demanding outdoor work.
- Full term of service must be completed in order to receive the education award.
- Learn valuable job skills applicable to any career
- Earn an AmeriCorps education award for school expenses or to pay off qualified student loans
- Learn about current environmental issues and network with natural resource professionals
- Get field experience and gain natural resource management skills
For more details and a complete list of qualifications and requirements, please visit our application page.
Position Start Date:
Monday, May 23, 2016
How to Apply:
Apply online: conservationcorps.org/apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please apply early!
Questions? Contact Kellie Lager, Recruitment Coordinator
email@example.com or 651-209-9900 x31
- Stipend: $1255/mo
- Education award: $1515.55 upon successful completion of term
(651) 209-9900 x.31