Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, May 23, 2022, 12:00am
Under the supervision of the Sustainability Officer, the Sustainability Coordinator will plan and implement strategies to achieve city sustainability goals including carbon neutrality, ecological resiliency, economic vitality, social equity, and a high quality of life. Salary Range: $49,404-$74,106. Minimum three years of experience.
- Plans and implements strategies to achieve city sustainability goals including carbon neutrality, ecological resiliency, economic vitality, social equity, and a high quality of life.
- Implements sustainability and resilience programs for city operations and the community.
- Provides information and technical assistance to other city departments regarding best practices in sustainable operations; helps assess cost-effectiveness, technical feasibility, and potential barriers to success.
- Researches, applies for, and manages grants that help the city achieve its sustainability and resilience goals.
- Coordinates with the Outreach Coordinator, the Public Information Office, Constituent Services, and other city departments on marketing and public information campaigns regarding renewable energy, energy efficiency, cleaner transportation, recycling, and other topics related to city sustainability goals.
- Makes public education presentations to schools, civic groups, chambers of commerce, and other business and civic associations to publicize the environmental programs and ordinances.
- Conducts training for city employees about sustainability topics such as climate change, energy and water conservation, electric vehicles, waste reduction, and recycling.
- Participates in project meetings with various stakeholder for public policy development, coordinates with community- based organizations on sustainability and resilience projects, and ensures public involvement for equitable climate planning and practice.
- Prepare documents such as professional service contracts, request for proposals, policy recommendations, ordinances, technical reports, and other related sustainability documents.
- Assists with contract management, policy development, coordination with city and other agencies, and cost/benefit analyses for sustainability projects.
- Coordinates environmental, economic, and social data collection and creates progress reports regarding implementation of sustainability strategies and technical reports regarding complex issues to recommend best practices and assist with decision-making.
- Conducts community and municipal greenhouse gas inventories.
- Conducts research on issues, policies and concepts pertaining to sustainability.
- Serves as team member for sustainability planning/development and implementation of programs.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends and initiatives in the field of sustainability by attending relevant conferences/seminars, and/or by networking with counterparts at other organizations.
- Assists in the development of departmental policies and and procedures.
- Answers public and staff inquiries.
- Performs related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in sustainability studies, environmental science, environmental planning, environmental studies, geography, biology, urban planning, public administration, public policy, or closely related field.
Three years of experience in environmental or sustainability related field, such as policy and program development, research and analysis, project management, environmental programs, regulatory, or outreach/education.
Education and Experience Equivalency
One year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of environmental science, climate science, principles and best practices for climate mitigation and resilience, urban planning, energy efficiency, renewable energy, environmental policy, public administration, technical writing, effective communication.
- Working knowledge of equitable climate planning and practice, grant management, environmental management, Microsoft Office, ICLEI ClearPath, government operations, social marketing, stakeholder facilitation, transportation planning, electric vehicles, alternative fuels, solid waste reduction and diversion, pollution prevention, water quality management, and water conservation.
- Skill in navigating complex institutions, project management, working on a team to efficiently accomplish shared goals, organizing outreach campaigns, building trust amongst diverse communities for equitable climate planning and practice, communicating with charisma and tact to influence behavior, solving complex problems, running effective meetings.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; including making presentations to a variety of audiences throughout the city and community.
- Ability to satisfactorily complete tasks without close supervision.
- Ability to research new initiatives and implement in a seamless fashion.
- Ability to identify, analyze and problem solve, assisting departments in incorporating sustainable practices into the organization. Ability to develop, implement and evaluate projects and programs.
- Ability to build consensus amongst diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to interact effectively with City staff and the public.
How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted online at: https://santafenm.munisselfservice.com/employmentopportunities/