Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, September 3, 2021, 5:45am
Hiring Teacher Naturalists now for our 3 part Outdoor School program. Environmental education/team building/camp fun!
- Lead small groups of students through natural history based lessons
- Lead small groups of students through group challenge activities
- Lead large group ice breaker activities
- Lead evening programs (campfires, night hikes)
- Make students' field trip a fun, rewarding and memorable positive experience!
Our ideal staff members exhibit enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, integrity, self-motivation and adaptability. They are collaborative, spontaneous, willing to be goofy but also have a good head on their shoulders! Our staff members treat others with respect, and work though the tougher moments treating everyone with dignity and grace. TN duties are typically 5 day work weeks with some weekend work available if desired.
We look for folks who can make good judgement calls, are hard working, self motivated, flexible, enthusiastic and prepared to dive into any and all activities that we offer. We recruit staff who will be positive role models, who are patient, compassionate and genuinely committed to the welfare and development of young people!
Programs include day and evening duties but no overnight supervisory duties. Benefits include $300-$425/week DOE, housing and meals during programs and a FUN work environment. Housing is a private room in a shared house with 2-3 other staff members. College Settlement is committed to offering a very positive, friendly work place for its staff.
DATES: September 9th – Thanksgiving
- Bachelor’s degree in any youth, outdoor or education related field or equivalent experience
- passion for working outdoors, and for positive youth development.
- Three months+ experience with outdoor facilitation; challenge courses, environmental education, outdoor/nature themed programs and/or summer camp preferred.
Our three part program incorporates environmental education, team building and that that intangible camp magic that makes a student’s time spent here the highlight of their elementary and middle school years.
Our programs are kid-centered, paced at a rate that enables kids to build relationships with classmates, and spend quality time exploring the natural ecology of the area.
We work with students from all sorts of backgrounds, and our programs are intentionally designed to foster inclusion. Our 6 Teacher Naturalists (TNs) teach and engage students in a variety of classes including sustainable farming, outdoor survival, wildlife adaptations, low ropes, and wetland communities as well as many other ecology themed classes.
College Settlement's culture is progressive, embraces diversity and inclusion, and is rooted in deep seated traditions of treating people with dignity and respect.
All of our program fees are heavily subsidized, thus ensuring that all schools can afford to attend our camp. We are able offer a high value program at a much reduced cost thanks to our many funders and sponsors.
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Other than the great work environment and rewards of being able to make a real difference -
- Excellent resume building opportunity
- Culturally diverse environment
- Full room and board are provided for overnight camp staff.
- College Internship or Credit (contact your college for details)
- Opportunity to extend work into other seasons
How to Apply:
Online application is here https://outdoorschoolinhorsham.org/apply-for-springfall-staff-positions/
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org