Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Teacher Naturalist (Winter/Spring)
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
- Provide exceptional learning experiences to participants of all ages.
- Learn, demonstrate, and share conservation-minded habits.
- Maintain safety as the number one priority in all center activities.
- Teach and lead groups of program participants of any age both in the field and the classroom
- Actively participate in appropriate group briefing and debriefing meetings
- Participate in staff training/enrichment sessions for field staff and general ONSC staff training and information sessions
- Organize personal equipment and supplies in preparation for field science instruction duties, including, but not limited to, backpack supplies, hand-held radios, water bottles, etc.
- Provide logistical and supervisory support for ONSC programs and participants, including during ONSC meals, orientation of students and guests, maintenance of facilities and equipment
- Making presentations to interested groups, hosting and providing supplies and assistance for visiting groups and other duties as assigned
- Provide at all times for the safety of students and peers and other ONSC guests to the best of your ability.
- To be a professional representative of ONSC at all times
- Use knowledgeably, maintain and return at your departure, all teaching and safety equipment assigned
- Actively engage in self-improvement as a naturalist and informal science educator
- To maintain in an appropriate manner, staff housing provided for you during your time of employment at ONSC
- Maintain active communication with the Program Manager on issues of importance relating to programming and operations.
- Participate in the preparation and production of ONSC L.I.V.E. (www.onsc.us/live)
How to Apply:
Email cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Becky Olthof Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org