Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
The VISTA Leader will be an essential member of the team for this young non-profit organization. This person will help to support the Student Stewards Program and other TMPF programs. The VISTA Leader will assist the Executive Director in VISTA recruitment and retention by improving and maintaining an applicant database, updating and dispersing position descriptions, and interviewing eligible candidates. The VISTA Leader will increase the professional development opportunities offered to VISTA members at TMPF, Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful, and the Center for Healthy Aging. This person will also expand TMPF’s organizational capacity by creating new fundraising opportunities and developing the scope and reach of the Student Stewards Program. The VISTA Leader will help improve data collection procedures and maintain TMPF’s performance measures database.
- Maintain and improve TMPF’s VISTA recruitment database and assist in the creation and dispersion of VISTA service opportunities and VADs;
- Work with VISTA Supervisor to continue develop TMPF VISTA on-site orientation and training;
- Research and organize professional development opportunities for VISTA members at three different nonprofit organizations;
- Coordinate with the development team to improve fundraising strategies for major donors, grants, and membership, to support TMPF operations;
- Assist the development team in the maintenance of TMPF’s grant tracking database and review grant application drafts;
- Develop protocols for initial contact, cultivation, and stewardship of major donors;
- Improve and maintain a database to track VISTA performance measures and other grant-related information;
- Assist in the compilation of TMPF’s annual report;
- Help update and improve TMPF’s strategic plan;\
- Assist the program team in expanding the Student Stewards Program to include camps and teacher trainings;
- Improve and expand current TMPF programs, including the Trails Challenge and TMPF Talks;
- Assist the outreach team with recruiting and retaining volunteers for all of TMPF’s programs.
- Passionate commitment to TMPF’s mission and vision;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Exceptional writing skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- High degree of initiative and spirit of service;
- One year of AmeriCorps/Peace Corps service;
- Preferred: experience in fundraising and donor cultivation;
- Preferred: AmeriCorps VISTA experience;
- Preferred: experience recruiting AmeriCorps members and volunteers;
- Preferred: experience with event planning;
- Preferred: reading, writing, and speaking competency in Spanish language.
In return for their service, the AmeriCorps VISTA leader receives a modest living allowance of $1,180/month and health benefits during their service and have the option of receiving a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,730.00 or post-service stipend of $1,500.00 after completing their service. A relocation travel allowance of no less than $550 may also apply if they are moving.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to Nathan Daniel: firstname.lastname@example.org