Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Thorne Nature Experience Summer Camp Instructor
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Saturday, April 15, 2017, 11:15pm
Thorne Nature Experience Summer Camp reaches 2,800 youth each summer through field-based ecology “Camp Experiences” for kids ages 3-15. Learning takes place through hands-on, science-based, experiential activities. Popular camps like Mud Mucking, At Home in the Woods, and Bird Banding utilize local prairie grasslands, evergreen forests, and wetland habitats as a classroom and enable youth to connect with and learn about nature. We need your help getting youth outside and connecting to the wild landscapes of Colorado!
We are currently hiring for the following positions: Summer Camp Instructor, Summer Camp Bilingual Instructor, Summer Camp Extended Care Lead Instructor, Summer Camp Assistant Instructor, Summer Camp Field Coordinator, and Summer Camp Field Assistant Intern.
As a Summer Camp staff member, you will become part of a team of nature-oriented professionals who receive support from our Camp leaders, develop environmental education skills, and enjoy a community of peers who value a profound connection to nature in our lives.
Summer Camp Employment Qualifications:
- Must be 18 or older
- A minimum of 480 hours of full time or equivalent part-time satisfactory and verifiable experience with school-age children
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Education, Environmental Studies, Biology, Geology, Education, or related field preferred
- Experienced Instructor, especially in an outdoor setting
- Strong communication skills with adults and children
- Good knowledge of Colorado ecology and natural science
- Ability and desire to create excellent “Camp Experiences”
- Good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and roles, patiently and professionally
How to Apply:
Full position descriptions are on Thorne’s website, http://www.thornenature.org/get-involved/employment/. Please complete our online Summer Camp Staff Application to get started at Thorne!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Carrie at 303.499.3647x110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.