Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Thorne Nature Preschool Assistant Teacher
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, May 31, 2022, 12:00am
Thorne Nature Preschool is built on the simple belief that kids grow better in nature. The Assistant Preschool Teacher supports the well-being of the children in the preschool program through daily mentorship and program support. As an Assistant Preschool Teacher, you will work with the Preschool Team to develop and implement daily practices and routines, as well as seasonal, place-based, emergent curriculum that promotes early childhood development and deep nature connection.
- Support one group of the Preschool (up to 10 children) along with the Lead Teacher during the preschool program (9am-1pm), 5 days per week (M-F); potential for aftercare hours as well
- Assist Preschool Team with the development and implementation of daily practices and routines
- Participate in family community events monthly
- Ensure the indoor and outdoor learning environments are in good condition to support safe, engaging, rich in experience, and positive child development
- Attend Thorne staff and educational meetings, trainings, and professional development as schedule permits
- Inspired by the Thorne Nature Preschool’s mission, which is to support the holistic development of young children and their relationship to the natural world, through joyful, hands-on, place-based, developmentally appropriate experiences that nurture the whole child and foster an emotional connection to nature.
- Experience or desire to work with young children and families in a preschool setting
- Strong communication skills with parents, staff, and children
- Good knowledge and desire to learn about early childhood development, nature, science, and Colorado ecology
How to Apply:
Fill out an online application at: https://thorne.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App