Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Trail Coordinator and Naturalist Paul Smith’s College Visitor Interpretive Center
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, June 1, 2016, 4:00pm
Website:Paul Smith's College
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop interpretive programs for regional visitors and residents
- Develop k-12 school programming
- Provide educational programming, including maple sugaring, tours, and other interpretive work
- Supervise and train student workers and temporary employees and volunteers in both interpretive work and maintenance work
- Develop new ways of using the VIC property for commercial use, including mountain biking, expanding skiing and running racing opportunities, and more.
- Maintenance, inspection, and development of trail system including grooming and maintaining cross country ski trails
- Assist with the on-site maple sugaring operation.
- Start date of July 8, 2016; sooner if possible
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience grooming ski trails
- Experience with maple sugaring operations, including RO, preferred
- Experience in and a passion for the Adirondacks
- Must be a strong self-starter with excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience public speaking; experience providing educational programming required.
- Experience working in teams and with volunteers
- Ability to use chainsaw and operate other machinery preferred.
- Preferred certifications or willingness to obtain: Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness First Aid, CPR, Certified Interpretive Guide, Chain Saw Training
- Schedule will include weekends, some holidays, occasional irregular hours, and occasional evening work. Hours and weekly schedule will change seasonally.
Job responsibilities include ability to hike, carry and paddle a tandem canoe, chop and haul firewood, operate heavy machinery and lift loads of 50 pounds.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2016
Position Start Date:
Friday, July 8, 2016
How to Apply:
Applicants may submit a letter of intent, resume and contact information (phone number and emails) for three professional references. Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged and should be sent as one PDF file to: email@example.com. Mailing address: Human Resources, Paul Smith’s College, PO Box 265, Paul Smiths, NY 12970. Faxed to: (518) 327-6161.