Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Trail & Field Specialist
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, August 5, 2022, 9:00am
Americorps or Service Opportunity
This position is offered through the Pennsylvania Mountain Service Corporation and is a 1700-hour temporary position from August 22, 2022 – August 8, 2023. Member will serve at Mountain Watershed Association, 1414 Indian Creek Valley Road, Melcroft PA 15462
Member will be expected to:
- Conduct or coordinate with volunteers to conduct maintenance activities such as installing trail fencing, kiosks, benches, repairing trail surface and moving fallen trees etc. between scheduled work days.
- Assist with water quality monitoring activities including treatment system monitoring, bacteria monitoring, biological surveys, etc.
- Assist with water quality data entry
- Assist with maintenance activities at mine drainage treatment systems
- Attend staff meetings and outreach/conservation/education team meetings as needed
- Conduct monthly patrols on trail prior to trail committee meetings
- Participate in fundraisers and outreach events such as local events, festival, fairs, etc for info tabling.
- Host a monthly activity for community members
- Assist with coordinating and hosting Environmental Educational programs
- Coordinate two adopt-a-highway cleanup events
- Distribute flyers and other promotional materials locally
- Assist with organization mailings
- Manage the Indian Creek Valley Trail's Facebook and Instagram accounts to plan posts, create events, and answer messages
- Attend orientation and other meetings as mandated by Pennsylvania Mountain Service Corps.
- Must be a US Citizen, US National, or lawful permanent resident of the US
- Must be at least 17 years of age
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and independent worker
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends
- Willingness to perform physical labor
- Must have reliable transportation and willingness to travel when required including a valid driver’s license.
- Pennsylvania State Police, Pennsylvania Child Abuse, and FBI Clearances will be required for selected candidate
- Experience with or willing to learn safe use and maintenance of trail equipment like chainsaws, weed whackers, pruning clips, etc.
- College diploma is not required. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Member is expected to serve 1,700 hours from August 22, 2022 to August 8, 2023. They will receive $835.72 living stipend every two weeks and upon successful completion of service they will earn a $6,495 education award that can be used for future education or to pay back student loans. For more information visit Pennsylvania Mountain Service Corps website www.psmc.org
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to Carla@mtwatershed.com.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.