Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Urban Ranger Program Assistant
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, May 12, 2017, 5:00pm
This is a 30-39 hour a week position, Tuesday-Saturday work week, June 2nd through July 29th 2017, with an option to work into August.
- Summer youth employees
- Major Duties and Responsibilities - 100% of employee’s time
- Supervises Urban Ranger Summer Youth Employment Program participants during summer months including orientation, training, work plan, and work schedule management.
- Deliver educational programs around natural resources and science-based curriculum; including aquatic ecology and fishing clinics, Colorado wildlife education programs, archery, and other community and outreach programs.
- Conduct fishing clinics
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic fish biology and fishing techniques (training provided)
- Assist in assembling fishing rods
- Assists and supports Community Outreach Events including development and delivery of education, youth recruitment, and ELK marketing materials.
- Assists with inventory and maintenance of all ELK program equipment, including camping, hiking, winter activity gear, 15 passenger vans, and all other educational field trip items. Keeps detailed inventory and reports any discrepancies to appropriate staff to rectify the issue.
- Contributes to a positive, productive workplace through open communication, problem solving, sense of humor, and dedication to achieving ELK’s goals and mission.
Mandatory Work Days:
Work week will typically be Tuesday through Saturday. Below are mandatory dates which the Urban Ranger Program Assistant must be able to work.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Zoology, Wildlife/Aquatic Biology, or Nature Resource Management or equivalent science-based degree; or a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education with 1-2 years of experience in environmental or science education.;
- Experience: And/or twoTwo to four years’ related experience or training, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CBI/FBI Background check and Motor Vehicle Record check required. Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift 30 lbs occasionally. Valid driver’s license required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience delivering informal education programs through in-school, after-school, environmental education, or summer camp programs.
- Experience working with diverse, multicultural youth and families.
- Experience instructing outdoor recreation in urban andd/or ability to work in wilderness settings when accommodations are not available and hike a minimum of three miles.
- Ability to problem solve in a wide variety of environments.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to Justin Twist