Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Directorate Resource Assistant Fellows Program
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, February 10, 2017, 12:00am
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Student Conservation Association are partnering to administer the Directorate Resource Assistant Fellows Program for students interested in a conservation career. The program will provide a fellowship opportunity for up to 59 undergraduate, graduate, and recent graduate students to participate full time for at least 11 weeks at multiple locations around the country. Fellows may be eligible for a permanent position in the FWS after successfully completing their fellowship and degree requirements.
Job Descriptions as well as complete application instructions for 59 Fellowship project opportunities are available: www.fws.gov/workforwildlife/
Questions? Contact a FWS Recruiter at email@example.com Apply today!
• Housing in select areas/locations. Living allowance – paid bi-weekly.
• Travel allowance.
• 1 week orientation at the FWS National Conservation Training Center in Shepherdstown, WV.
• Hands-on experience.
• US citizen or permanent resident, must be 18 years of age.
• Males born after December 31, 1959, and are at least 18 years of age, must register with the Selective Service System, unless they meet certain exemptions.
• Students who are enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an undergraduate (rising seniors) or graduate, or higher degree program. GPA must be 3.0 or higher for undergraduates, graduates, or higher degree.
• Available for 12 weeks (1 week orientation/11 week fellowship) beginning in mid-May or mid-June 2017.
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check, and have demonstrated interest or experience in the conservation field.
How to Apply:
1. Complete your fellowship application online at the Student Conservation Association (SCA) by Feb 10th 2017: http://thesca.force.com/members/NewRegistration
2. Add the promo code/application code PO-00722397 to your application.
3. Attach a resume and copy of your college transcripts (unofficial is acceptable)
4. Once submitted your application is reviewed by SCA for your eligibility for the 2017 DFP
5. Once screened and qualified the SCA will send you an email inviting you to apply to specific DFP projects. **NOTE: SCA application questions contact Melissa Fisher: firstname.lastname@example.org