Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Veterans Green Corps Member
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, May 21, 2017, 11:45pm
Summary Statement: Primary duties of the Corps Member (VCM) include working as part of a crew, under the supervision of the Crew Leader(s), to complete natural resource and community service projects, participating in all elements of the MCC program to the best of their ability, performing designated crew role functions and maintaining a positive attitude throughout the program. The VCM will utilize the support of their Crew Leader(s) and Regional staff to complete their term of service successfully. The VCM will establish and maintain a good working relationship with Crew Leaders, Regional staff, other members of their crew, project partners and community members. The VCM is an AmeriCorps member and is entitled to the benefit package offered all AmeriCorps members. This position will not have recurring access to vulnerable populations.
Program Dates & Details: The term of service runs May 22nd, 2017 through August 3rd, 2017. Corps Members receive a $650 biweekly living allowance and a $1221.96 AmeriCorps education award upon completion of the term of service. Leaders have the opportunity to enroll in MCC’s health insurance program during the term of service.
- Work in a safe manner and contribute to a ‘culture of professionalism’ within the crew
- Follow all MCC policies and procedures to help promote a safe, well-functioning crew
- Accomplish project goals to the standards and satisfaction of the MCC, Crew Leaders and sponsor/technical advisors
- Willingly participate in all elements of the MCC Member Development program, education, and crew activities to the best of his/her ability
- Attend at least one public meeting and complete non-MCC volunteer service hours
- Contribute to the overall functioning of the crew to help create a healthy and supportive crew environment; perform designated crew roles: crew journalist, tool or vehicle swamper
- Attend, assist, or lead MCC service days and other MCC events when possible
- Promote a positive public image for the MCC by wearing the MCC uniform and acting in a professional and respectful manner at all times
- Work alongside youth and adult volunteers on projects and provide leadership when possible
- Exhibit a strong work ethic and positive service ethic throughout the term of service
- Complete and submit required reports and other paperwork in a timely manner
- Provide information for evaluation of Crew Leader(s), including both positive feedback and areas of potential improvement
- Assist in maintaining inventory of shared gear and tools
- Must have served in the US Armed Forces and have a DD214
- US Citizenship or lawful permanent US resident
- Minimum age of 17
- High school degree, GED, or willingness to work towards obtaining a GED
- Ability to pass a National Criminal History Check
- Commitment to complete the entire term of service and participate in all aspects of MCC program
- Commitment to work with peers of different branches and ranks of military, as well as civilians of different ranks
- Strong service ethic and desire to serve the community and the environment
- Willingness to work long hard hours in all weather conditions; ability to be away on overnight trips for up to 10 days at a time
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds repeatedly and use chainsaws/hand tools for extended periods of time
- Ability to hike 3-12 miles per day in rugged terrain, often carrying a chainsaw/tools and a backpack
How to Apply:
Please submit your application via our online application portal. We are accepting applications for Veterans Green Corps Crew Members in our Central Divide (Helena, MT) region.