Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Vice President of Education
Who we are:
Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park enriches people’s lives and enhances our region by inspiring use, preservation, and support of Cuyahoga Valley National Park. We provide opportunities for people to experience a thriving community and are a well-managed and sustainable organization, empowered to accept new challenges and explore new opportunities.
We are committed to equity and justice in our organizational practices. We embrace diversity and practice inclusion internally and externally, assuring that all people are welcome in the park, in employment, in volunteerism and in all Conservancy programs.
Who we are looking for:
If you are an outstanding and creative educator with a passion for expanding the boundaries of the learning experience well beyond the classroom environment, and someone with a commitment to engaging diverse learners at all levels with life enriching opportunities, we are looking for you! Your expertise and interests would be well suited to drive the educational programming at the Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park in its effort to further reveal the beauty and riches of this 33,000 acre National Park.
Qualities of a successful VP of Education Candidate:
- Passionate and knowledgeable education professional who can oversee a complex project utilizing a framework to move ideas to action.
- Excellent organizational and inclusive leadership skills with the ability to work with a broad ecosystem of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to work with individuals of all backgrounds and skills, able to prioritize relationships and develop a positive team culture and work collaboratively in a way that brings together and achieves goals held by diverse stakeholders.
- Understands and values racial equity as an organizational operating principle and committed to continued learning on issues related to race, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- A strong leader who is willing to work toward transformational change.
- A team player who is collaborative by nature.
What you will do:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties as assigned):
- Articulate, and execute a broad vision for Conservancy’s education programs and the education programs offered in partnership with the NPS through the design, development, and implementation of K-12 experiences, interdisciplinary curriculum, and educator professional development.
- Be a senior leader in the organization who is committed to serving and engaging students with diverse social-economic and demographic backgrounds, learning styles and abilities with an understanding of culturally responsive, social justice pedagogy and a commitment to reducing equity gaps and systemic barriers in learning.
- Network with educators and the educational community to build partnerships, recruit participation and stay on top of the needs of the educational community. Perform ongoing curriculum assessment to ensure mission alignment and relevance of programming in response to community needs, educational policies, and industry best practices.
- Convene educators and stakeholders in an advisory capacity in the development of curriculum content, teaching methodology and program design.
- Collaborate with Conservancy leadership, National Park Service, special committees, and consultants to identify and execute strategies.
- Engage in fundraising for the education program and clearly articulate the value and impact of Conservancy educational experiences to stakeholders.
- Develop and manage the Education program budget and department goal setting.
- Provide leadership in best practices in operating a residential environmental education center.
- Oversee the strategic integration of site-based learning and technology, hybrid learning and other future educational trends.
- The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge of the K-12 education landscape, including formal and informal education providers, project-based learning, social/emotional learning, and experience-based education.
- Direct experience (5 years minimum) working in a school district(s) or private school as an educator or as a Sr. Administrator preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent life and/or work experience required, Master’s degree in education preferred.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing including the ability to speak publicly and present information to public groups and organizations.
- Ability to use financial data to support strategic decision-making and use financial indicators to modify program operations when necessary.
- Demonstrated experience with data analytical tools to support learning assessment preferred.
- Strong organizational and inclusive leadership skills and excellent management skills, especially of complex projects.
- Previous proven successful experience in a supervisory role.
- The individual must be able to perform the essential functions of the job satisfactorily as outlined in this job description. Where necessary for a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job, reasonable accommodations will be provided.
- All employees of the Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park are required to submit to a background check and/or fingerprint check prior to employment. Background checks may be subject to repeat every five (5) years. Employees of who will be working around children must be fingerprinted for criminal record check for the state of Ohio and FBI fingerprint checks. The Ohio BCI and FBI fingerprint checks are repeated every five (5) years. All employees working with children must also sign an Annual Voluntary Disclosure Statement and will be checked against the National Sex Offender Database website on an annual basis.
- The Conservancy’s COVID-19 Safety Policy is that all employees entering the workplace must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for accommodation for religious or medical reasons will be evaluated in accordance with applicable law.
Status/Pay/Benefits: Full-Time, exempt, salary $88-$95k annual. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, a fully vested 403(b) retirement plan, and generous leave time.
The Conservancy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, military obligations, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line reading VP of Education. This is an immediate opening and posting closes when position is filled.
Status/Pay/Benefits: Full-Time, exempt, salary $88-$95k annual.
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, a fully vested 403(b) retirement plan, and generous leave time.