Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Vice President of Programs & Interpretation
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 5:00pm
Vice President of Programs and Interpretation
Programs and Interpretation
President and CEO
Direct Reports to:
Program Director and Managers
- Provide organizational leadership as a member of the Pavilion's executive team providing strategy and vision specifically related to Pavilion's programs, exhibits, and volunteer engagement.
- Work with executive team members on special projects, staff development and the implementation of organizational culture.
- Supervises Education Department staff including education coordination, on-site and outreach instructors, interns and organization's volunteers. Provide performance evaluations of education personnel.
- Oversee the research, production and promotion of educational programs including age/grade appropriate curriculums, general audience and professional level classes, seminars and workshops as it pertains to organization's mission.
- Support the development of new programs and educational services.
- Research and compilation of information in instructional areas.
- Develop strategic models for department including proposal, sponsorships, and implementation of departmental budget.
- Identify and propose alternative educational program funding sources, including the preparation of grant proposals and the development of specific donor support.
- Remain current with latest information concerning standards in the professional field; maintaining peer affiliations.
- Compile, maintain and report current statistical information on program participation as it pertains to youth and adult education; identifying current trends in regional marketplaces in order to remain viable, competitive and innovative.
- Direct the design, development and installation of Pavilion exhibitory including the production of educational interpretation in coordination with the Executive Team and organizational strategic planning.
- Supervision of the Exhibit build and Exhibit interpretation teams.
- Support strategic development of future exhibit planning and organizational needs assessment.
- Support strategic growth of volunteer engagement throughout Butterfly Pavilion, ensuring that the organization embraces volunteer culture through the incorporation of trends and best practices in volunteer management.
- Supervision of Volunteer engagement team.
- Represent Pavilion in local partnerships, collaborations and affiliations as community leader and liaison.
- Support institutional evaluation and inclusivity and diversity directions.
- Other duties as described by the President and CEO.
- Regular attendance and partication in department, branch, and facility wide meetings.
Qualifications / Experience
Master's Degree in appropriate education field or equivalent
A minimum of 8 years' experience, 5 years of which must be in a leadership capacity in a of non-formal education setting.
- Fund development
- Judgement/risk taking
- Decision making
- Resource management
- Strategic thinking
- Financial/fiscal management
- Resource generation
- Business Acumen
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- While performing the responsibilities of the Vice President of Programs and Interpretation, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the Vice President of Programs and Interpretation will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Vice President of Programs and Interpretation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions within this position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Vice President of Programs and Interpretation.
- While performing the responsibilities of the Vice President of Programs and Interpretation, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
A range of hours in typical work week for this salary exempt position is 40 hour a week generally Monday - Friday.
How to Apply:
All applicants should send a cover letter and resume along with contact information for three professional references clicking here or by copying and pasting the link provided below in a separate browsing window. This position will remain open until filled. Please submit applications for full consideration no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 1, 2017.