Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Sunday, January 22, 2017, 12:00am
Forest Park Conservancy protects and fosters the ecological health of Forest Park, maintains and enhances the park's extensive trails network and inspires community appreciation and future stewardship as a gift for generations. Each year, we work with 1,000 volunteers to maintain trails, remove invasive species and plant native trees and shrubs. Forest Park Conservancy is leading a 20-year campaign to restore 15,000 acres of public and private lands to ensure the long-term health of Forest Park.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for overseeing, strengthening and expanding Forest Park Conservancy’s volunteer program. This person will coordinate the volunteer program, develop volunteer leadership and support FPC’s communications and outreach programming.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Volunteer Coordination | 70% Time
- Recruit, train and supervise 1,500 volunteers who work in the park, office and at events each year.
- Organize and lead volunteer work parties and events.
- Develop volunteer leaders through crew leader program and other programs to expand stewardship capacity.
- Collect and manage data records, including volunteer metrics, contacts, and photos.
- Coordinate stewardship activities with Portland Parks & Recreation’s City Nature Program.
- Develop and foster new relationships with community businesses, partners and organizations.
Outreach and Communication | 30% Time
- With Development and Communications Director, plan communications activities including website content, blogs, e-newsletters, email announcements and social media.
- Develop promotional materials to recruit volunteers.
- Coordinate Discovery Hikes program, including recruiting and organizing hike leaders, producing promotional materials and following up with hike participants.
- Recruit and train volunteers for tabling events throughout the year.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing volunteers, including building volunteer programs and developing leadership skills among volunteers.
- Experience developing and providing orientation and training for volunteers.
- Experience planning, organizing and carrying out events for groups of 20-150 or more.
- Outstanding oral, written, electronic and interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrable intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power Point).
- Enjoyment working outdoors with a wide range of people demonstrating a sense of humor and flexibility.
- Ability to work in a team or independently.
- Ability to work on rough and uneven terrain.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a valid Oregon driver’s license and more than 2 years’ driving experience. Must have a driving record that meets company’s insurance guidelines for agency drivers.
- Experience with HTML and the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Working knowledge of trail and restoration work
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
REPORTS TO: Development and Communications Director
SCHEDULE: 5 days, 40 hours/week (includes some weekends and evenings)
WORK LOCATION: Most days begin at our office at 210 NW 17th Ave, Portland. Events and work-parties may take place off-site.
How to Apply:
Email your resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line.
Applications accepted until January 21, 2017, or until a suitable pool of applicants has been established. Interviews expected to occur the week of January 23 and January 30th.
Forest Park Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection of candidates for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, military service, family medical history, legal source of income, gender identity, political affiliation, or family leave obligations. Women and minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
$18.27 - $19.23/hour + PTO/health insurance