Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator VISTA
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Monday, June 12, 2017, 12:45am
Website:Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation
Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator VISTA
Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation (TMPF)
The Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator VISTA will recruit and retain volunteers and members, as well as to improve the marketing of fundraising and outreach events.
The Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator VISTA will be an essential member of the team for this young non-profit organization. This person will improve the quality of the volunteer program by recruiting, training, evaluating, and improving the program. Collaborating closely with the Executive Director, this VISTA will also develop a marketing and outreach plan for the organization along with developing and coordinating fundraising and awareness events. This VISTA will also be responsible for improving volunteer recruitment and retention for all of TMPF’s programs and events.
The mission of Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation is to support the parks departments operating in Truckee Meadows, including Reno, Sparks, and Washoe County parks. We do this primarily by providing in-park programming and opportunities for citizen engagement. TMPF is an independent, nonprofit organization that was incorporated in 2012 and received its 501 (c) (3) determination in 2013. Our current programs focus on improving community health and wellness and developing people’s appreciation for the natural and cultural history found in local parks.
Service Location: Reno, NV
Timeline for Service: August 14, 2017 - August 13, 2018
- Build an effective volunteer recruitment, training, and management program;
- Develop and update volunteer training protocols for the Student Stewards, Discover Your Parks, Trails Challenge, and Parks Rephotography programs and TMPF events;
- Expand and maintain the marketing and outreach plan,
- Create a public awareness campaign;
- Expand and plan a membership campaign;
- Develop and coordinate a signature special event that will act as a fundraising and community awareness mechanism.
- Commitment to theTruckee Meadows Parks Foundation’s mission and vision;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Exceptional writing skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- High degree of initiative and spirit of service;
- Experience working with volunteers;
- Preferred: experience in volunteer management and recruitment;
- Preferred: experience with graphic design;
- Preferred: experience with event planning;
- Preferred: experience using social media and traditional media as tools for marketing and outreach;
- Preferred: experience with website design and management;
- Preferred: reading, writing, and speaking competency in Spanish language.
Truckee Meadows Parks Foundation’s Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator VISTA is funded by the Corporations for National and Community Service and will serve within the AmeriCorps VISTA program. AmeriCorps VISTA is the national service program designed specifically to fight poverty. Each VISTA member makes a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. To learn more about the AmeriCorps programs visit americorps.gov.
Position Start Date:
Monday, August 14, 2017
How to Apply:
In return for their service, AmeriCorps VISTA members receive a modest living allowance of $990/month and health benefits during their service and have the option of receiving a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $5,730.00 or post-service stipend of $1,500.00 after completing their service. A relocation travel allowance of no less than $550 may also apply if they are moving.