Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Water Quality Educator
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 6:00pm
- Bachelor’s degree in Science with 5 years’ experience educating youth.
- Upper Elementary/Junior High and High School teaching certificate preferred.
- Teaching experience with a passion for working with students using hands-on activities in small group settings.
- Demonstrated skills in developing water-related educational activities and courses of study that align with academic content standards and other youth/outreach programs.
- Ability to operate and calibrate lab equipment and perform other chemistry tests.
- Background in aquatic ecology and environmental studies preferred.
- Assist with scheduling, coordinating, developing, and teaching programs for school groups (4-12) and other community groups.
- Assist with scheduling, coordinating, developing, and teaching summer camps in conjunction with other Greenacres educators.
- Assist the Water Quality Director with developing new education programs that reflect the mission of Greenacres.
- Maintain the River Education Center facility.
- Create education materials to enhance the water quality program
- Establish/maintain education spaces on the River Center Education property in order to conduct educational opportunities for students and community members.
- Assist with Citizen Water Quality Monitoring Program and other Citizen Science Initiatives.
- Schedule and oversee scout programs and community service days.
- Help recruit and train volunteers.
- Contribute to program updates for reporting purposes.
- Perform outreach programs for schools and community organizations/fund-raisers.
- Participate in conferences/workshops to enhance knowledge, improve programming, and provide networks with other professionals.
- Help maintain equipment and lab inventory.
- Serve on a Greenacres Education Department Committee.
- Occasional weekend and evening programs.
- Perform additional duties as necessary.
Employment dependent on the ability to pass a physical, drug screen and Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation fingerprinted background check.
How to Apply:
Send Resume and cover letter to: Greenacres Foundation c/o Lorraine Gibbs HR, 8255 Spooky Hollow Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45242 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org