Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Water Trails Specialist
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Friday, October 14, 2016, 5:45pm
Get hands-on experience working with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources!
The AmeriCorps Water Trails Specialist (ages 18-25) will assist DNR River Programs staff with field data collection using mobile units and process the data using GIS and other software tools. The Water Trails Specialist will also design signage plans and native planting plans for river restoration and water trail projects in site reviews, as well as other facets of project planning. Corpsmember will work alongside natural resource professionals to build their skillset and complete conservation projects.
- AmeriCorps service position (ages 18-25)
- Term dates: January 17-December 15, 2017
- Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 hrs/day
- Stipend: $1990/mo
- Education award: $5775 upon successful completion of term
- Location: Des Moines, IA
- Working knowledge of river conservation project management and the ability to read and implement landscape drawings and designs.
- Ability to facilitate technical skills training and on-site education.
- Bachelor’s degree in natural or related field and/or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience with ArcMap, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop preferred.
- Familiarity with power/hand tools, small equipment and trailers.
- 18-25 years old
- Flexible schedule to accommodate possible evening and weekend shifts (varies by project).
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record (no major moving violations or DUIs in the past five years).
- Ability to perform the Essential Service Functions 40 hours per week.
- Full term of service must be completed in order to receive the education award.
- Learn valuable job skills applicable to any career
- Earn an AmeriCorps education award for school expenses or to pay off qualified student loans
- Learn about current environmental issues and network with natural resource professionals
For more details and a complete list of qualifications and requirements, please visit our application page.
How to Apply:
APPLY ONLINE: conservationcorps.org/apply
Deadline: October 14, 2016
Questions? Contact Kellie Lager, Recruitment Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-209-9900 x31