Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
This job has expired and is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Seeking a highly skilled educator grounded in science and environmental education to implement grant-funded programs and to teach watershed education programs for a wide range of audiences.
- Instruction may include macroinvertebrate bioassessment, water chemistry, stream habitat assessment, stream and watershed ecology, and other similar topics.
- Contribute to evaluation, revision, and expansion of programs.
- Train citizen scientists and work with municipal officials and volunteers on watershed education including advancing knowledge of watersheds, streams, monitoring protocol, watershed science.
- Applicants should have demonstrated relevant experience in watershed education and an ability to interact with participants of all ages and types in an engaging and professional manner.
- Undergraduate degree in science education or environmental education or science degree along with education and outreach experience.
- Applicants with three years or more experience in watershed education and outreach are preferred.
- Knowledge of science mobile apps, GIS, water quality sensors or other water quality data collection instruments preferred.
- Knowledge of online program delivery and interaction is a plus.
- Our programs include leading hands-on activities, so applicants must be physically able to access streams, walk and stand for extended periods of time and be able to carry scientific equipment to and from streams (at least 25 lbs.).
- Other duties include writing articles for our newsletter, writing press releases, writing interim and final reports for grant funded projects and preparing grant proposals.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel programs.
While the postion is initially part-time, the opportunity to build to full-time is available. The position reports to the Executive Director and works collaboratively with our science staff.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter that includes relevant education program / project implementation experiences and resume including contacts for three professional references via email to email@example.com Please email as one PDF document.