Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Wheeling Food Hub Manager
● Manage WFH facility, equipment, interface with and coordinate users, and general shared facility use;
● Maintain food hub use/scheduling platform with high-level of detail with respect to weekly tenant use, facility inventory, etc;
● Maintain food safety protocols, update food safety manual and keep records for food storage, equipment and premises in accordance with Federal, State and Local Food Safety requirements;
● Coordinate with farmers, ensure timely and accurate aggregation, product quality and traceability, organize orders and record information on current and future inventory;
● Support business planning, reporting and data tracking
● Utilize Google Drive, Microsoft Excel, Local Food Marketplace or other management software to efficiently manage inventory, customer orders and invoice information, and market products to customers
● Assist in marketing, promotion, outreach and education with producers, customers and community
● Maintain connections and professional rapport with producers, buyers, the Public Market, and other professionals and advocates in the food system and keep relevant records of all hub contacts
● Maintain good verbal and written communications with supervisor, staff and external partners
Start-up: Work with start-up team to:
● Inform planning - layout, functionality.
● Equipment selection, ordering, set-up.
● Assist in developing, tuning business model, targets, adjustments. Qualifications
● Food Service Experience - restaurant, farm, caterer, farmers market, or food hub
● Ability to attend and complete training for Better Processing Control, ServSafe, and/or other food service training.
● Logistics Experience - scheduling, planning, coordinating
● Good people and conflict resolution skills - to interact and resolve scheduling/shared-use-facility conflicts
● Business Management - business, revenue, profit, loss
● Competent - google suit, scheduling apps
● Ability to lift 50lbs
● Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
How to Apply:
To apply please send a resume, 1-page cover letter, and 2 references to email@example.com