Promoting Professional Development and Best Practice in EE
Whooping Crane Outreach Program Assistant
The deadline for this job has passed and it is not visible on the eePRO Jobs page.
Deadline to Apply:
Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 12:00pm
The International Crane Foundation (ICF) is looking for a community-oriented team member to provide outreach on conservation efforts for the endangered Whooping Crane. This person will be based at ICF headquarters in Baraboo, Wisconsin, (housing is provided if needed) but will focus on outreach in the eastern flyway, particularly in Alabama and Indiana. This is a limited-term employment opportunity from September 2020 to early March 2021.
The primary duty of the Whooping Crane Outreach Assistant will be to conduct the Whooping Crane awareness program in Indiana, Alabama, and surrounding states. The Outreach Program Assistant will gain valuable experience working with the ICF Conservation Education Department and North America Program and will:
- Receive training on delivering Whooping Crane programs to all age groups at our facility in Baraboo, Wisconsin for the first month of the position. Work with our education and outreach team to give presentations to adults and K-12 audiences, either online or in-person.
- Educate and inspire people of all ages and walks of life by providing Whooping Crane education and outreach programs in Indiana/Alabama, including virtual visits to public and private schools, homeschool groups, civic organizations, hunting groups, gun clubs, birding groups and other organizations. If possible, these visits will be done in-person. Coordinate ICF’s Whooping Crane education trunk program for the flyway. This will include keeping track of inventory, training educators on the use of the trunk in K-12 classrooms, conducting in-person or virtual classroom visits, delivering programs with the crane trunk to schools, promoting the use of the trunks in classrooms throughout Indiana/Alabama, and assessing the impact of the program.
- Assist ICF staff with outreach efforts to raise awareness about Whooping Cranes in Indiana/Alabama. This could include media interviews, organizing awareness events, and fundraisers and other duties as needed.
- Coordinate distribution of marketing materials as pandemic conditions allow.
- Work with hunters through hunter education classroom and online courses to raise awareness about Whooping Cranes.
- Educate and inspire people of all ages and walks of life about the world’s 15 crane species and the ecosystems on which they depend at our headquarters in Baraboo during training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a biological field, communications, sociology, or other relevant field preferred.
- Valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Experience with public speaking, diverse partnerships, and volunteer management
- Access to a vehicle for travel (your work travel will be paid for through ICF funds)
- Work as a constructive member of a team, and commitment to the free sharing of information and technical expertise as needed.
- Demonstrate respect and sensitivity for others; inspire trust; and work with integrity.
- Experience delivering programs via online platforms
- Background relating to wildlife conservation, education, or biology preferred
- Proficiency with basic Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, Zoom, Microsoft Teams and PowerPoint
- Experience working with volunteers to achieve desired results; delegate work; train and encourage skill development; access and provide feedback on individual performance.
- Exceptional customer service, proficient public speaking skills and the ability to teach diverse audiences in a non-formal setting.
- Demonstrated a strong interest/background in the fields of interpretation, environmental education, conservation biology, ornithology, education, graphic design, film/documentary production, or other related fields.
Physical abilities and work environment:
The physical abilities and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to use hands and fingers to type.
- Ability to lift or move up to 25 pounds; occasionally reaching, stooping and kneeling.
- Ability to walk and sit for reasonable periods of time.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of mostly moderate weather conditions.
For more information, please visit our website at www.savingcranes.org
ICF offers a competitive salary.
ICF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position Start Date:
Tuesday, September 1, 2020
How to Apply:
To apply send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please list subject: Whooping Crane Outreach Position